- 1. Understand that a newly uninstalled kitchen doesn’t look its best. As we know from lots of experience, once you get it unpacked and cleaned up it will start coming back to life.
- 2. Please note that some of the kitchens we have in stock aren’t at our physical location. Contact us before driving a long distance to come look at something and understand that we display two cabinets from each kitchen in our office, while the rest of the set is stacked tightly in storage to conserve space.
- 3. Uninstall dates can change. Due to factors out of our control, we can be forced to push back the uninstall date. It’s important to keep this in mind as you are planning your project.
- 4. Cabinet measurements provided by Ben’s team are acquired to the best of our knowledge, but please understand there may be some inaccuracies here and there.
- 5. We will store your set for free in our warehouse for a week. Please contact us as soon as possible after purchase to set up your pick up/delivery, or let us know if you need more time and we can work something out. Expect to pay a storage fee if you aren’t able to receive your kitchen for a while after purchase. You can find more information here.
- 6. Please note we are not able to test appliances, although we generally don’t accept them if the owner says they are not working. Please contact us if an appliance you purchased doesn’t work, and we can reimburse you the value of that appliance within the set. Note: Often ads state that the appliances are included for free, which would mean that no refund will be issued if they are found to not be working.
- 7. Please see any included trim that comes with your set as a free bonus. Making matching trim pieces isn’t usually very difficult and is often necessary.
- 8. When countertops are removed, base cabinet supports are often broken due to the way the countertop has been glued to them. Please expect repair for some of these support pieces.
- 9. Our cabinet sets are used products that will likely require some repairs or touch-up work before they will be ready for your kitchen. For visual fixes, sometimes it makes the most sense to get the cabinets installed and then do any necessary work (typically with stain pens and wax sticks) after they’re all in place.
- 10. Make sure that a kitchen is what you’re looking for before finalizing a purchase. We do not offer returns, unless you don’t want your kitchen due to a severe oversight or misrepresentation of the kitchen on our part.